The Springville Museum of Art is looking for artwork that illustrates the true meaning of Christmas. Every year, they sponsor a contest where students create artwork inspired by the story “The Christmas Lamb”.
- Contest is open to all students in grades K-10 in Utah Valley.
- Students may submit ONE artwork each.
- Artwork should be of a spiritual theme and reflect the spirit of giving associated with the holiday season (Santa Claus images are discouraged).
- Works of art are to be original and individually conceived by the students.
- No works will be considered if they contain glitter, candy, glued-on beans, macaroni, or similar material.
- Finished artwork is DUE on November 10 to room 101.
- On the back of the artwork, please include your first and last name, home phone #, grade, school, and teacher’s name [Lisa Magnusson]
- NOT ALL PIECES THAT ARE SUBMITTED WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE SHOW. Submitted pieces will be judged by the Museum staff to be included in the show.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to winners.
- A list of all accepted works will be posted on www.smofa.org on November 20th.
- Each award winner will receive a personal invitation to the award ceremony.
- Students in the exhibition who do not receive awards will not receive a personal invitation; however, all exhibiting artists along with their families are invited to the reception on Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 11:00 am.
- Anyone is invited to visit the museum during regular hours throughout December to see the selected works on display.
- All artwork will be returned by the end of January.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Check out: www.smofa.org
Call the Springville Museum of Art: 801-489-2727